Aetna Care Coordinator in Detroit, Michigan
Req ID: 41303BR
This position will require the candidate is commutable in the service area in Kalamazoo County, Jackson County, Ypsilanti, Bellville and Ann Arbor areas. This is a field/ home based position.
In the Care Coordinator position you will be a community health care worker (CHW) are members of a community who serve community as a bridge between the member (community) and the healthcare system (providers) through outreach and education. By providing these services, CHWs help Aetna Medicaid members attain and maintain better health outcomes, improve relationships with healthcare providers and help both parties to become more acculturated with each other.
Fundamental Components include, but are not limited to:
relationships with healthcare providers and help both parties to become more acculturated with each other. CHWs integration into the Medicaid care delivery model has been shown to improve access to care and leads to better health outcomes.
1) CHW will reach out to Aetna Medicaid members with chronic conditions to improve access to care; identify their
health care needs, and reduce unnecessary hospitalizations.
2) CHWs will educate healthcare professionals on opportunities for improving and understanding the social determinants of health that may be impacting the members health and treatment plan.
3) CHW will become part of the multidisciplinary team treating Aetna Medicaid members. This level of involvement
will allow the CHW to bridge information back to the treatment team regarding any identified cultural and other psychosocial elements.
4) The CHW will complete a certification program for community health workers. The CHW will be integrated into the medical team and supervised by a designated professional such as Registered Nurse (R.N), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Medical Doctor (MD), and Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) as deemed appropriate.
5) Community Health Worker will assist with care plan implementation and Aetna Medicaid member education during in-home visits, help develop care management strategies, and work with team members to provide linkages for the various health and social needs of Aetna Medicaid members. This is a full-time position.
1) Member of community and/or acculturated.
2) Builds and maintains positive working relationships with the Aetna Medicaid members, providers, nurse case managers, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff, from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Works to reduce cultural and socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions.
3) Microsoft Office Proficiency; Required
4) Bilingual in Arabic; Preferred
The minimum level of education desired for candidates in this position is a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience.
Technical - Desktop Tools//1-3 Years/End User
Technical - Remote Access//1-3 Years/End User
Technical - Aetna Applications///
Potential for Full-Time Telework (WAH) after training which will be office based. Training will last about 4 weeks.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Work under the direction of the designated professional. Determine plan for care management and role of CHW on integrated treatment team. Assist Registered Nurse/Care Manager in devising care plan that is aligned with members religion, culture and health literacy. Teaches Aetna Medicaid members their member rights and responsibilities. Coordinate with designated professional to report on member progress and confer if intervention needs to be modified or discontinued. Empowers Aetna Medicaid members to exercise their rights and assume their responsibilities. Helps Aetna Medicaid members identify socio-economic issues that affect their overall health and develop health/social management plans and goals. Provides the member with the appropriate resources, training and support to help him/her complete tasks as necessary to complete medical care plan goals. Educates Aetna Medicaid members how to use the covered services guides and teaches the member to set attainable goals. Referrals to any additional services (e.g. social services, nutritional support) as needed. Identifies gaps and opportunities to strengthen systems of care within the members community. Assists Aetna Medicaid members in utilizing community services, including scheduling appointments with social services agencies, (including transportation vendors), and assisting with completion of applications for programs for which they may be eligible. Conduct home visits with Aetna Medicaid members, reinforcing following the care plan and adjusting tasks to fit with the members culture, language, and religion. Ensure that the member has a thorough understanding of care plans. Collecting vital signs. Community Health Worker will help with patient medication adherence, by: Instructing the member on current medication list. Reviewing medications with patient and confirm that patient has each medication in their home. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Health Care