Aetna IT Vendor Management/Project Manager - 39041BR in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 39041BR
Office based in Hartford CT
Provide overall support to Operations &Technology (O&T) in obtaining and managing high-quality, cost-effective technical resources from multiple tier-one offshore vendors (OSV).
1) Sourcing and Selection-Lead the sourcing and vendor selection strategies with our delivery partners with focus on IT and Business organizations. Collaborate on best practices and develop engagements to support organization requirements. Identify sourcing options for emerging technologies.
2) Alternate Contracting-implement alternate contracting models that leverage alternate staffing and contract models. Work for the best suppliers solutions (quality and cost) for our delivery organization. Research staffing in alternate locations worldwide. Manage the development of Statements of Work (SOWs), contract schedules, and amendments, for work effort contracted with offshore vendors.
3) Financial Analysis and Reporting- Address financial requirements including forecasting, project budgeting, resource utilization, staffing distribution and ratio. Support internal and external audits. Support financial reporting for IT and Procurement.
4) Operational Support-Provide operational support related to staff changes, workflow management, and issue resolution. Manage and monitor supplier performance, service levels, and metrics.
5) Supplier management - ensure vendors understand and protect the privacy of our information and the security of our data, maintain seamless continuity of our operations, provide goods and services at the levels expected, comply or maintain compliance with Aetnas federal, and state requirements and communicate, engage, and escalate to the business owners or appropriate SME areas when an incident with potential impact occurs.
6) Risk management manage data access, offshore locations, handling of confidential non-public information, supplier performance, service levels, and metrics, monitoring supplier financial strength, ensure proper business continuity plans are in place, understanding the suppliers escalation process to Aetna and define what are events that supplier needs to escalate to Aetna.
Any experience in Vendor Management or Procurement is preferred.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Technology/Creating Technology Partnerships/ADVANCED
Leadership/Developing and Executing Strategy/ADVANCED
General Business/Consulting for Solutions/ADVANCED
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Job Function: Information Technology