Aetna Senior Informatics Manager in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 38058BR
Manages and builds a multi-functional team of analysts, clinicians, and managers through leadership and mentoring, holding primary responsibility for the delivery of analytic projects that provide tactical and strategic solutions to constituent needs.
This individual will lead our Medicare sales informatics team. The information this team supplies is integral to developing sound business strategies and in making critical decisions.
• Oversees applied statistical research and custom analysis of integrated healthcare data.
• Stays informed about industry trends, research findings, and evaluation methods.
• Anticipates and recognizes matters that effect ability to create valid measures, reports and analyses and take appropriate action to reduce bias.
• Formulates department strategy and vision.
• Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on information services, capabilities and performance results.
• Drives the overall design or methodology of tactical and strategic solutions that satisfy information needs across products, segments and clients.
• Participates in the development of data reports and/or products that will enhance the retention of current market share and attract new business by demonstrating cost containment and quality initiatives.
• Proactively builds and maintains internal and external key relationships.
• Provides leadership in negotiation and influencing sound business decisions based on data, results and information derived from industry trends, research findings, and Aetna-specific reports and analyses.
• Directs the development and delivery of analytical solutions in support of healthcare business initiatives that drive the short and long-term objectives of Aetna.
• Performs or manages the application of research and develops statistical models that answer research and business questions for internal and external clients.
• Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies.
• Manages projects, people, customer expectations and business priorities to achieve constituent satisfaction.
• Responsible for team commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
• Motivates, understands, and probes into technical details and mentors his/her direct reports to do the same.
• Manages and builds a strong team of managers and individual contributors through formal training, diverse assignments, coaching, mentoring and other development techniques.
• Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.
• Participates on work groups/ forums representing Aetna to external constituents.
• Receives general direction Informatics Head and is competent to work at the highest level of all aspects of data analyses and presentation.
• Assists in all phases of team leadership and performs management functions; may perform some management functions in the absence of the Informatics Head.
BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE desired: 3-5 years of healthcare, health insurance, or pharmaceutical industry analytic experience Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environmentDeep knowledge of health care industry, policy, research design, univariate and multivariate statistical analyses, predictive modeling, case-mix and risk adjustment methods and toolsAbility to perform and manage multiple activities and changing priorities Experience in working in a data warehouse environment as well as the ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources Strong reporting skills using Excel, Access, Word and/or PowerPointAbility to communicate statistical and technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Information Management/Applied research and statistical analysis/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Technology//
Functional - Leadership//
Functional - Management//
Technical - Aetna Applications//1-3 Years/
Technical - Development Experience//4-6 Years/
Technical - Development Languages//4-6 Years/
Technical - Development Tools//4-6 Years/
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Job Function: Health Care