Aetna Manager, Content Development in Phoenix, Arizona
Req ID: 45700BR
The Manager, ContentDevelopment is inspiring and passionate, providing copy and strategic oversightto the content team. The Manager must exhibit outstanding creative judgment andguide the content team in achieving the highest possible standards for allmaterials regardless of medium. The Manager obtains a working knowledge ofclients business challenges, and helps develop innovative and strategicsolutions to address those challenges, getting personally involved on highlycomplex creative challenges. This role is accountable to drive and support digitalcontent strategy that enables personalized and relevant experiences.
· Worksharmoniously with others to get a job done and leads the team in acollaborative fashion
· Give the teamproper recognition and credit for team member contributions
· Guides andmentors a team of writers to conceptualize, create and execute their best workbased on marketing goals and business needs
· Establish highquality copy and branding standards that supports individual business needs andthe brand standards
· Builds strongrelationships with clients; perceived as credible, trusted advisor
· Directs writersto produce collateral within brand standards, but also encourages and developsnew interpretation of the brand standards and out-of-the box approaches to growthe verbal and visual identity of the brand
· Confidently anddiplomatically stewards new ideas through the organization on behalf of the team
· Knows how to bepersuasive and/or negotiate when selling ideas
· Celebrates teamand individual successes and creates a safe environment for constructivefeedback
· Constructivelyhelps and coaches team in their professional development through informal andformal feedback sessions, as appropriate
· Demonstrates areal sense of caring for the teams professional and personal well-being
· Nurtures aculture that is fun to work in and helps build an open creative community
· Bachelor sdegree required
· External agencyexperience desired
· In depthknowledge of various writing techniques including, but not limited to,marketing standards, plain language, collateral and digital media
· Demonstratedcreative conceptualization skills
· Minimum of 7+years of professional level experience
The highest level ofeducation desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree orequivalent experience.
Functional - Marketing/Strategy development/4-6 Years
Functional - Marketing/Communications/7-10 Years
Functional - Marketing/Management: < 25 employees/4-6 Years
Functional - Communications/Advertising/7-10 Years
Functional - Communications/Member communications/4-6 Years
Technical - Multimedia/Adobe Photoshop/4-6 Years/Administrator
General Business/Communicating for Impact/MASTERY
Leadership/Collaborating for Results/ADVANCED
Leadership/Developing and Executing Strategy/ADVANCED
Leadership/Engaging and Developing People/MASTERY
Part-time telework and alternative locations may beconsidered for current internal employees only. External hires will be basedfull-time in the Phoenix, AZ office.
- This position is office based in Phoenix, AZ.
Join Aetna during this exciting and dynamic time. Play a rolein helping shape the creative culture at Aetna. We are looking for creativetalent who are: Curious and passionate about the people we serve and how tobring a consumer experience to life through creatively. Possess a high creativeimagination, drawn to newness, open to inspiration. Aetna is about more thanjust doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for Americaand across the globe. We care about each other, our customers and ourcommunities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed tointegrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthierlives. Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless ofpersonal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit,select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals withdisabilities. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture thatvalues growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice canbe heard.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is ouropportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We aredeveloping solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare.What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities.We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity andexcellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentregardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action torecruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals withdisabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture thatvalues growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice canbe heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review thebenefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacyseriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request anyfinancial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit cardinformation for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests forinformation will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a securewebsite provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information,please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Marketing