Aetna Manager, QA Software Engineering 66058BR in Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 66058BR
Aetnas mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna s digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
Aetna Digital in Burlington, MA is looking for a Manager, QA Software Engineering (1st Line Manager) with experience in leadership of quality teams, and hands on development of testing of either Web or Native mobile applications and/or backend services. In this role, you will have an opportunity to exercise your leadership and technical expertise to help facilitate the delivery of high-quality software products in a Scaled Agile (SAFe) environment. As a software leader, you will leverage your skills to support and mentor software quality professionals with extensive technical backgrounds. You ll guide your team members as needed to ensure that they are successful in their roles within their scrum teams. You understand the value of a people-centric leadership approach and you re committed to working with your team to enhance innovation and assist in the continuous delivery of high-quality, cutting-edge application solutions!
In this role, you will:
• Work closely with Architects, Design, Product, Accessibility, Security and Scrum Teams to ensure quality is built into the features that are delivered, on time, based on PI objectives.
• Work with team members to identify their goals and objectives and use this subject matter to track and promote their professional growth and development.
• Provide continuous coaching and performance feedback to team members
• Manage a team of QA automation engineers that span across multiple Agile scrum teams supporting both frontend client UI and backend services.
• Participate in SAFe PI planning sessions to ensure Quality tasks and definition of done efforts are planned for.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement in Quality and help teams increase productivity while fostering innovation.
• Resolve technical, operational and team challenges
• Be responsible for performance reviews, and guiding your team members to develop their goal setting expectations, development plans and priorities
• Drive and support the organization initiatives including Agile, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery and documentation
• Partner effectively with distributed cross-functional and cross-organizational teams
• Work with product to understand the feature requirements to support and guide the technical team
• Promote proper implementation/execution of SAFe processes
• Bring positive energy and excitement to the team!
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
Experience in Web and Native mobile (iOS and Android) UI automated testing.
Experience in automated server testing of REST APIs
Hands-on automated testing using any of the following - Selenium, Appium, XCUITest, Espresso, Java, TestNG
Experience working with CI/CD process
Leadership skills involving high performing teams delivering high quality applications
Experience leading quality in Agile Scrum Teams
Experience working with distributed cross-functional/cross-organizational stakeholders
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
Excellent verbal and written communications
Background Experience Desired:
3+ years of technical lead and or managing a team of test engineers
3+ years experience with Agile Software Quality processes and Tools
10+ years of experience with hands on QA automated and manual testing.
Ability to understand complex distributed system/application concepts to drive the adoption of new technology and trends
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Information:
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Job Function: CH & S Technology
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.