Aetna Principal SDET - Mobile Test Automation in Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 70890BR
Aetna Digital is responsible for creating mobile and web apps for Aetna's 22+ million members. This team is creating mobile applications from scratch to support our members with chronic diseases to help them make choices that will lead to more healthy days, longer lives, and save money. To start, we are taking on diabetes!
If you are looking to do meaningful work in a highly collaborative, friendly, and passionate team working with the most up-to-date technologies where you can learn and grow this would be a great role for you!
Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
We're looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (Mobile) with a solid background writing and executing test automation to ensure the delivery of a high quality user experience on our mobile platforms. As a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA, you will responsible for working closely with Architects, Design, Product, Accessibility, and Security to ensure quality is built into the features to be delivered, on time, based on PI objectives.
As a Principal SDET you will:
• Work with developers to optimize workflows and improve the cadence and quality of releases
• Seek opportunities to improve efficiency around quality-related processes and procedures
• Collaborate with Software Engineers, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth integration of quality standards into the SDLC
• Test large-scale web services (RESTful APIs)
• Coach fellow team members to develop test automation code using standard coding practices and reusable libraries
• Create and maintain standard coding documentation in automation/testing frameworks
• Prioritize your work, communicate clearly and demonstrate a consistent track record of commitment and accountability for delivery
• Work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
• Participate in test data preparation & test plan generation
• Perform test data analysis for standalone data-driven products and micro-services
• Demonstrate an understanding of leading data technologies and best practices
• Partner with key stakeholders throughout the SDLC to understand use cases and create tests based on customer requirements and design prototypes
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
10-15 years of experience in the domain of quality engineering
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience with Java
Experience writing test automation frameworks and methods
Hands-on automated testing using any of the following - Selenium, Appium, XCUITest, Espresso, Java, Kotlin, TestNG
Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
Experience using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
Experience building highly automated test environments using virtual and cloud resources is strongly desired
Experience with interacting and working closely with Product Owners, DevOps, and Software Engineering teams
Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet commitments Experience with security concepts and best practices to protect PII
Experience with virtualization and containers (Docker or similar)
Ability to troubleshoot complex systems
Understanding of Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban and SAFe
Additional Job Information:
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Benefit eligibility may vary by position.
Job Function: CH & S Technology
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.