Aetna Product Owner in Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 51368BR
Aetna Consumer Health & Products mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud Engineering, Machine Learning or Current Architectural Patterns, you will join the product team that will deliver the platform that will disrupt the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring forward your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
As a Product Owner in Aetna Digital, you will work in a fast-paced environment with the responsibility to manage key components of an advanced digital services platform. You will be expected collaborate very closely with other Product Managers and Product Owners in a fully scaled agile environment. Grow your skillset and knowledge base by working alongside talented and passionate teammates from diverse backgrounds.
• Work closely with engineering, documentation, and product management to establish overall product vision, decompose high-level requirements into user stories and tasks, manage and prioritize the product backlog, participate in scrums and meta-scrums, and validate delivered solution designs.
• Obtains and summarizes effort estimates of decomposed requirements on an on-going basis
• Work with product management to create and maintain solution roadmap
• Prioritizes the iteration and defect backlog grooming
• Perform industry research as necessary to support feature development.
• Provide product subject matter expertise and leadership.
• Ensure internal product stakeholders needs / expectations are met and promote transparency by helping communicate through SAFe/SCRUM practices
• Collaborate with external vendors as needed on requirements definition and feature development.
• Provide support in the development of new data models and data visualization.
• Excellent conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work on teams within a highly collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated experience driving agile product development.
• Demonstrated facilitation skills and the ability to maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization.
• Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) preferred.
• Start-up mentality and desire to innovate at a fast pace
• Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions
• Ability to thrive in a fully SAFe-Agile development environment
• Certified Product Owner desired
• Maintain strong relationships across key stakeholders and constituents
• Engaging and concise speaking and presentation skills
• Strong communication skills and ability to help direct product development
• Experience in healthcare preferred
• Experience working with UX teams
• Bachelor s degree in computer science, engineering or related technology discipline
Although geography is flexible, high preference is for the candidate to work in one of our development centers in:
Burlington, MA Hartford, CT Denver, CO
Moderate travel may be needed
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions! Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO Gym / Showers A top of the line MacBook Pro Sit/stand desk Free Parking (Burlington, MA office) Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc. $200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Product