Aetna Senior Design Operations Specialist in Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 56990BR
Aetna's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital strategy and all digital products; as well as the development roadmap and execution of the roadmap. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Aetna Digital is looking for the right individual to be key member of its growing Design team and to own tools and organization within the Design Operations team. This person will own the tools and processes for how designers create and share files and assets.
• Own the tool set that Product Design uses to collaborate, create content, and document work, including administration and support. Manage governance,versioning, naming conventions, and process around these tools, including but not limited to: Sketch, Sympli, Invision.
• Inventory existing tools and provide guidelines for the team s use of those tools for organization, documentation, versioning, and asset management.
• Improve and support team on boarding activities to welcome and bring new team members into product design, introducing them to tools, assets, processes, and more.
• Discover,evaluate inform the team of new trends and tech. Find and introduce new tools to the team.
• Create processes or automation that intersect workflow with tooling such as version control, continuous integration, and design system.
• Help define, document, and refine tool use for the various groups within Design to enable them deliver in more efficient & consistent ways.
• Support the design team s implementation of the Aetna Health design language systems for iOS, Android & RWD, ensuring that assets and libraries are up to date and in use.
•Continuously seek out ways to improve process and capabilities of a multi discipline creative team.
• Help bridge engineering requirements, work closely to ensure Pattern Libraries are in sync w/ Design. Jump in and assist team members with sprint work as needed.
7+ years of experience
Experience working within a large design team preferred.
A strong understanding of the value of the "right" amount of process.
Strong attention to detail, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Deep familiarity with Sketch
Familiarity with basic git workflows (forking, pushes, pulls, commits, and merges) preferred
Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Bachelor's degree in design, or related field preferred.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: CH&S TECHNOLOGY
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.