Aetna Senior Software Development Engineer (Java/Node)66071BR in Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 66071BR
Aetnas mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna s digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
Aetna Digital, part of CVS Health, is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer with Java, NodeJS, Microservices/Webservices development experience to help us leverage NextGen application development in Native/Hybrid Cloud environment for Healthcare Services innovations. This include ingest, transform, secure and deliver big data use cases into products focused on helping people live healthier lives.
In this role, you will use your experience in working on the latest big data and cloud development technologies involving cloud computing, security and encryption in the security industry in order to help us leverage data and IoT events at the core of a cloud native health care platform focused on helping people live healthier lives. You will be working as a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA.
You will work on cutting-edge applications and products, brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
In this role you will be working on:
• Collaborate with the product management to understand and influence security requirements as they relate to data protection – application, infrastructure and data.
• Participate in identification of solution security options and features.
• Design and develop modules/plug-ins for application development using Java, NodeJS, Microservices/Webservices in a CI/CD enabled environment.
• Incorporate data and application architecture (e.g. infrastructure, network, controls) into conceptual designs.
• Establish frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and microservices using Java.
• Partner end-to-end with Product Managers and Data Scientists to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
What we are looking for: We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design, coding and scripting. We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems. You've worked with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology We are and need other self-starters who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements.
• You have excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills
• 5-7 years software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud applications.
• We run a multi-cloud platform. We containerize applications. You should have some notion of how to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of programming languages/tools including: Java, Python, NodeJS, SQL, R, and Shell Scripts
• Must have experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience
• Must have experience in open source programming languages for large scale data
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science Engineering or Technology, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
Additional Job Information:
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Job Function: CH & S Technology
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.