Aetna Manager, Billing Accounts Receivable in Chicago, Illinois
Req ID: 51060BR
At bswift, we are looking for a high performing accounting talent to manage our Manager, Billing Accounts Receivable area. We want someone to hit the ground running in our fast paced environment. You will never be bored or without tasks to keep you busy here. Must be willing to work on or near the 1st of every month.
· Communicate with operations and other business functions as well as interpret system generated reports
· to deliver accurate monthly customer revenue to the Billing Specialist
· Provide solutions and oversight to improve systems, processes and metrics
· Analyze contracts to identify and solve billing nuances and complexities
· Communicate with external and internal customers on any billing or payment questions
· Develop and maintain proactive cross-functional relationships throughout the business
· Work with tech team on the maintenance and creation of monthly system generated billingreports
· Identify process inefficiencies and implement changes as necessary
· Maintain operational process documentation
· Ad hoc reporting and analysis
· Increase efficiency and effectiveness of Accounts Receivable processes and procedures
· Maintain excellent documentation and follow through on past due accounts
Oversight of application of customer payments
· Keep up to date on all billing correspondence from clients and internal teams
· Drive internal and external adherence to policy
· Ad hoc reporting and analysis
· 5+ years of experience in accounting, accounts receivable or invoicing required.
· Strong Microsoft Excel proficiency (for example V-Lookup and Pivot tables)
· NetSuite experience preferred but not required
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to work across teams for resolutions
· Multi-tasking & problem solving
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Finance/Accounts receivable/4-6 Years
Functional - Finance/Treasury services - bank reconciliations/1-3 Years
Functional - Finance/Treasury services - banking/cash flow management/1-3 Years
Technical - Desktop Tools//4-6 Years/End User
Technical - Operating Systems/Windows/4-6 Years/End User
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
High growth business with plenty of opportunities to make a difference in the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance and Accounting areas.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Customer Service