Aetna Strategic Product Marketing Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Req ID: 65643BR
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to help transform the health care industry by driving the marketing strategy for Aetna s innovative Commercial product launches.
The Strategic Marketing Manager for Commercial Products will define the target customers, segmentation, value proposition, packaging/naming and marketing strategies, and subsequently lead the go-to-market plans – while partnering closely with the product organization and additional functions.
If the Product Manager is the quarterback for the entire product organization, who brings together all the necessary stakeholders and acts as the go-to person across teams – the Product Marketing Manager is its marketing equivalent. To be successful as the Product Marketing Manager, you need to have strong interpersonal skills, be a strategist at your core, possess business consultative skills, be a creative thinker, have strong attention to detail, and demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
• Develops and executes marketing strategies to meet business goals.
• Acts as a strategic advisor and uses advanced-level marketing skills to contribute to the development of strategic company objectives.
• Supports and drives a B2B customer- and member-obsessed culture.
• Translates goals and objectives of the business into comprehensive/sound marketing strategies and socializes those strategies for feedback and cross-team/cross-function buy in, helping to ensure seamless execution.
• Must have a strong client-focused mindset and work to establish strong relationships with counterparts in the Product organization, understand the unique needs of our internal customers and develop marketing strategies that support the business goals
• Maintains brand integrity and ensures the member experience aligns to the brand strategy.
• Manages competing priorities and dedicates the appropriate attention to each task.
• Develops comprehensive marketing strategies that support business goals.
• Data and results-driven marketer who s an expert in best practices for gathering B2B proof points.
• Is well-versed in deploying campaigns (and working with analytics teams to track success) across both digital and traditional direct channels.
• Establishes and maintains cross-functional relationships to successfully drive efficiencies and aid in the seamless execution of strategic, metrics-focused marketing campaigns.
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
• 7+ years of progressive experience in marketing or a related field
• Experience in Agencies, Consulting, Marketing, Brand Management, or Product roles
• B2B experience
• Experience in program, project, and vendor management
• Bachelor s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related field, or equivalent experience. Master s degree or MBA preferred.
Marketing - Product development, Marketing - Strategy development
Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel
General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Job Function: Marketing
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.