Aetna SAFe Release Train Engineer Aetna Health - Denver (66424BR) in Denver, Colorado
Req ID: 66424BR
Aetna's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital strategy and all digital products; as well as the development roadmap and execution of the roadmap. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE s major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
Fundamental Components/Job Description:
• Servant Leadership:o Create an environment of mutual influence o Apply systems thinking o Support teams in problem identification and decision-making
• Maintain Train-level dashboard reporting to track execution
• Track and escalate impediments, and manage risks and dependencies
• Coach teams and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and thinking
• Support Agile coaching activities across program trains to elevate the Program s application of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Facilitate groups and meetings. This includes the pre-work, the facilitation during the meetings, and the follow-up. Size ranges from 2-3 to 150.
• Manage Train-wide processes, including:o Support preparation for and facilitation of Train meetings and processes, including Agile ceremonies and quarterly release planning activities, which may involve travel o Identify and pursue opportunities to fine-tune and improve Train execution; recommend enhancements related to new and/or existing workflows based on broad view of the organization and a Lean Agile mindset o Support other functions of the Agile Transformation Office, as needed
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions
Fact-based problem solver with the ability to evaluate alternative courses of action and make sound management decisions
Collaborative style, with the ability to establish working relationships across the senior management team, business units, as well as with external advisors and constituents
Self-starters, problem solvers; comfortable jumping in as needed to support the Program
Reviews and absorbs data from multiple sources and uses that information to develop insights on program status,
Servant Leader that can quickly create spheres of influence to relentlessly improve
Willing to try new things, check and see if they worked, and then change and adapt
Creates a safe environment for everyone to bring their whole selves to work every day
Helps to coach a transformation from waterfall to Agile
Flexible if willing to travel
Preference for Denver, Hartford, or Burlington
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
2-5 years of project management experience with proven project management skills
Experience with Agile methodologies; Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) SPC or RTE certification strongly preferred
Experience with digital products or consumer facing technology enabled products is helpful
Strong analytical, oral and written communication, presentation skills; Advanced MS Office skills
Ability to navigate through ambiguity, set direction, and influence those not under direct line of management
Technical aptitude to support program s use of work management and collaboration tools
Additional Job Information:
The Agile Transformation Office (ATO) is responsible for enabling successful program execution of Aetna's Agile Transformation roadmap across organizational boundaries, following Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) principles. It reports up through CVS Health Enterprise Digital organization with the mandate to deliver seamlessly integrated capabilities that transform the Aetna member's digital experience and improve health.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position.
Job Function: Information Technology
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.