Aetna Senior Project Manager in Farnborough, United States
Req ID: 66743BR
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. A Fortune 4 company, Aetna is the third largest health care benefits company in the United States.
Aetna s global business, Aetna International, is one of the world s largest and most prominent providers, with more than 650,000 members worldwide and a direct settlement network of over 125,000 hospitals and clinics.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.
About the role
The role supports our business units and our company to meet corporate objectives and compete more successfully in the market-place.
As the Senior Project Manager, you will lead the work and deliverables of multiple, complex projects or programs, through to implementation, that impact multiple processes, systems, functions and products.
From time to time, there will be a need to work at Aetna International locations within the Middle East and Americas. There will be the opportunity to work flexibly from home on occasion, as agreed with the Director of Aetna International PMO
Your typical day will include:
• complex program including: -
o Documentation and management of plans.
o Documentation and management of key project artefacts; RAID Logs, business case, project budget, resource trackers, status reports
o Management of the project team to complete their deliverables to time and quality
• Ensuring the end state of the project and/or business operations meets business objective(s).
• Managing relationships across the multiple functional areas and regions.
• Managing the resources aligned to the project from multiple functions to complete the project deliverables.
• Articulating the business and project risks (and impacts) and driving the project stakeholders to establish and execute appropriate mitigations for those risks.
What you ll need
• Significant experience of successfully managing change within a financial services environment.
• Significant experience of managing change, where a large-scale technology solution has been leveraged.
• You ll be able to evidence working in an environment that has included the need to manage across multiple functions and regions to implement a complex business solution.
• You ll understand the technology development cycle as it relates to both waterfall and agile methodology.
• The ability to facilitate the business teams to articulate business cases for proposed initiatives and document the same on their behalf.
• The ability to manage working relationships with senior management and project working groups
• Competitive salary
• Discretionary annual bonus
• 7% Company Pension
• Private healthcare + discounted lifestyle benefits including gym membership, flights & hotels, Starbucks, cinema tickets
• Life Insurance
• Income protection insurance
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – rising to 30 days after 5 years!
• We ll help you grow by providing support for your professional development
• Fresh fruit and drinks
• Monthly employee appreciation lunches
• Social activities – we work hard but like to have fun too!
• Well-being initiatives to keep you healthy
We d love to hear from you, so don t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or find us on Facebook!
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.