Aetna Audit Consultant (Direct Assist) in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 62820BR
Aetna s Internal Audit Department serves Aetna s Audit Committee and assists management in achieving Aetna s goals by conducting independent and objective assurance and consulting activities. Your time with Aetna s Internal Audit qualifies for most state s CPA experience requirements. The Audit Consultant will be a key member of the Internal Audit Direct Assistance team and will participate in the execution of audit procedures in partnership with the External Auditor. As an Audit Consultant, you will be responsible for basic auditing tasks under the supervision of more experienced auditors including: assisting in audit planning, executing testing procedures, preparing workpapers in adherence with methodology, researching potential audit issues, communicating audit results, identifying opportunities to enhance the process by utilizing the data analytics tool (Alteryx), and working closely with the business partners and external auditors. This job will require travel to audit locations within the U.S. roughly 0-10% of the year.
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Effectively perform and document audit activities in accordance with professional standards and Aetna s audit methodology
• Execute testing and create work paper documentation
• Understand procedures, results and business impacts; and document and express such understanding in both written and verbal form
• Contribute to overall Internal Audit Department team norms to promote a positive environment and improve team effectiveness
• Maintain a current development plan reflecting a commitment to self-development as evidenced by positive performance reviews
• Perform detail testing as defined by the test program to define, analyze and validate information
• Create clear and accurate documentation and workflows of business processes and testing results and exceptions Ideal Candidate Profile: We are looking for talented individuals to help us carry out our mission to develop and execute a risk-based audit plan using an approach that requires communication and collaboration with our customers. We also seek the following:
• Demonstrates a commitment to integrity, the Aetna code of conduct and respect for diversity
• Meets administrative reporting requirements and supports department initiatives
• Encourages teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
• 0-3 years audit or related business experience (preferably within Health Insurance or related fields)
• Minimum Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology preferred.
• Professional designations (i.e., CPA, CIA, CISA)/advanced degrees – or measured progress in achieving, desirable
• Demonstrates critical thinking and analytical ability • Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills
• A desire to learn and grow your career
• Ability to travel overnight domestically 0-10% on average required The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Finance - Delivering Profit and Performance, General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Creating Accountability
General Business - Maximizing Work Practices, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance, Leadership - Engaging and Developing People
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Job Function: Financial Services
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.