Aetna Finance Leadership Development Program in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 51726BR
Start Date: January 7th, 2019 or June 10th, 2019
What it is
The Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is a three-year rotational experience designed to develop a diverse group of high-potential finance talent into future finance leaders at Aetna.
What are the goals
The program doesn t just help you build core financial skills; it accelerates your development. You ll obtain well-rounded professional experience and exposure to key business lines while honing your leadership skills. Graduates of the program are accepted into experienced roles across the organization and become members of the FLDP Alumni Council.
What you will do
As part of the FLDP, you will progress through three rotations, which includes completing one mandatory rotation in either controllers or audit to prepare you for future leadership roles. The FLDP offers immersive onboarding and training, ongoing development, and leadership competency-building opportunities. Participants take part in a formal mentorship program, engage in networking events, participate in community service activities, and hold leadership roles on program committees. The program provides CPA, CFA and other finance certification study and exam support.
The program provides the premier entry point into Aetna s Finance career pipeline by providing exposure to key finance areas thorough rotational opportunities in such organizations as:
· Controllers & Accounting
· Business Finance
· Corporate Finance
· Internal Audit
· Investment Management
· Corporate Development
· Risk Management
· and more
Successful completion of FLDP trainings and program-related activities is expected. You will be challenged to demonstrate your adaptability and agility by working in three one-year roles across the finance organization in Hartford, CT or other Aetna US locations.
What you need
· Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing, and vertically within the organization
· The drive for success in a fast-paced environment
· Exhibit strong analytical and problem resolution skills
· Ability to adapt to challenging situations and determination to meet tight deadlines
· Encourage collaboration and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
· Demonstrate a commitment to integrity, the Aetna Code of Conduct and respect for diversity
· Commitment to building your core financial and business acumen and to being an active and engaged participant in the FLDP and Aetna Finance organization.
You are eligible if you
· Are currently pursuing a Bachelor s degree in Business (Preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management but other quantitative majors such as Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics or Engineering will be considered)
· Have a 3.0+ GPA (preferred)
· Have an anticipated graduation date between December 2018 – May 2019
· Have internship experience and/or 0-2 years related business experience (preferably within Health Insurance, Accounting, and/or Finance fields)
· Have analytical and technical experience (Microsoft Excel and finance related software systems) preferred
· Demonstrated leadership via school clubs, other organizations, volunteer work, etc
· Are willing to relocate nationally for individual rotations (Hartford, CT and other US locations)
What we do
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Job Function: Financial Services
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.