Aetna Large Group Underwriting Consultant (Middle Market) in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 54425BR
Do you want to transform healthcare? Are you and outstanding Medical Underwriter who is customer focused, adaptable, creative, and ready for your next step in your career?
Aetna s Commercial Business Underwriting Middle Market team is seeking you out to join their outstanding team as a Underwriting Consultant. The position will independently perform accurate analysis and risk assessment to produce sound financial responses/products in a timely manner. The team member will provide superior service in support of writing Aetna's Medical business and will include interaction not only with internal constituents but also directly with plan sponsors, brokers, and consultants.
The position will independently perform accurate analysis and risk assessment to produce sound financial responses/products in a timely manner. S/He will provide superior service in support of writing Aetna's Medical business and will include interaction not only with internal constituents but also directly with plan sponsors, brokers, and consultants.
· Handles casework and issues autonomously using knowledge of Aetna's products/services and underwriting protocols.
· Completes accurate financial analysis and risk assessment to evaluate specific strategic options and opportunities independently.
· Recommends and suggests alternatives.
· Focuses on quality while completing internal processes efficiently.
· Manages multiple tasks and effectively prioritizes work.
· Develops and delivers financial exhibits and documentation.
· Independently negotiates and fully explains rate development, pricing components and application of underwriting policies while remaining conscious of financial objectives.
· Proactively communicates technical concepts to internal and external constituents.
· Collaborates and shares information cross-functionally.
· Previous (3-5 years) experience in medical underwriting pricing methodologies and funding arrangements.
· In-depth knowledge of rating and/or accounting and underwriting concepts.
· Demonstrated analytical and independent thinking skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
· Ability to use standard corporate software packages and corporate applications.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Underwriting/New business - group medical/1-3 Years
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Underwriting
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.