Aetna Sr Underwriting Consultant (Middle Market NY/NJ) in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 53661BR
Do you want to transform healthcare? Are you and outstanding Medical Underwriter who is customer focused, adaptable, creative, and ready for your next step in your career? Aetna s Commercial Business Underwriting, NY/NJ Renewal Business Middle Market team is seeking you out to join their outstanding team as a Senior Underwriting Consultant. In this, role the individual will need to anticipate customer needs, facilitate and negotiate using tact and diplomacy, and build strong cross-functional relationships with sales force and other internal organizations. S/He will negotiate and explains application of more complex underwriting concepts, rate/fee development and policies. S/He will produce accurate and timely deliverables while providing superior customer service in support of stated mission and key performance metrics. In addition, be a valuable mentor on the team to help guide us in our transformation of healthcare.
Interested in learning more? Join one of our upcoming virtual office hours with an Underwriting recruiter! Click here to registered: https://aet.na/2yCWHtp
· Handles complex cases/markets/issues using strong knowledge of company services, product standards, underwriting policies and alternate funding
· Grants underwriting exceptions and financial variances within prescribed limit
· May interact/meet with customers, brokers and consultants
· Works across Aetna's segments/markets to achieve goals
· Negotiates and fully explains rate development, pricing components and application of underwriting policies while remaining conscious of financial objectives
· Provides timely and accurate deliverables for new and/or renewal business, e.g., accountings, funding evaluations, benefit quotations
· Monitors financial condition of assigned accounts, e.g., case migration, renewal pricing, premium defaults, and deficit reductions
· Utilizes advanced functionality of rating/ financial tools, reference materials, and source systems for premium, membership and claim information
· Analyzes competitive position on a case specific basis and develops financial comparisons
· Recognizes opportunities for process improvements and recommends changes
· Assesses customer needs and expectations versus company capabilities/ strategies
· Mentors less experienced underwriters in development of technical skills
· Builds strong cross-functional relationships with sales force and other internal constituents
· Fosters open lines of communication on team and uses effective oral and written communication skills
· 3+ years of pricing experience via all types of medical pricing methodologies (manual, experience, blended, alternate, etc.) and funding arrangements.
· Demonstrated strong analytical and independent thinking skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
· Proven ability to anticipate customer needs.
· Proven exceptional ability to facilitate and negotiate using tact and diplomacy.
· Outstanding ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with sales force and other internal organizations.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a bachelor s degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Underwriting/Rating methodologies and/or functions (rating and accounting)./4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Pricing methodologies (manual, experience, blended, alternate, etc.)/4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Financial arrangements/4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Alternate Funding arrangements/4-6 Years
Functional - Underwriting/Renewal - group medical/4-6 Years
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
#AetnaCareers #Underwriting #WeJoinYou
Job Function: Underwriting
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.