Aetna Technical Product Owner in Hartford, Connecticut
Req ID: 66103BR
Aetnas mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna s digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Fundamental Components included but are not limited to:
As a Product Owner in Aetna Digital you will work in a fast-paced environment and will carry the responsibility to manage key components of a digital services and data platform. You will be expected to collaborate closely with other Product Managers and Product Owners in a fully scaled agile environment.
You will work closely with senior leaders to ensure that products are aligned to the organizations strategic goals and you will manage the feature backlog accordingly. You will be guiding scrum teams with representation from architecture, user experience design, test, dev/ops, and others.
This role affords you the opportunity to expand your skills by working alongside talented and passionate teammates from diverse backgrounds. You will be contributing to building data services that will utilize a variety of data sources to enable Data Scientists to discover and expose actionable analytics to improve the health of millions of users.
• Define feature priorities and align the efforts of agile product teams
• Understand customer needs to define short term and long-term product direction, articulate user stories and features
• Decompose high-level requirements into user stories and tasks, manage and prioritize the product backlog, participate in scrums and meta-scrums, and validate delivered solution designs.
• Understand, assesses and critique the architecture proposed by the Application architecture team and ensures that the scrum team delivery is aligned to the overall solution architecture
• Communicate product vision effectively to peers and other leaders
• Guide product strategy from internal pilots to external launch
• Perform industry research as necessary to support feature development.
• Partner with engineering team to define, track and test user stories in an agile software development life cycle.
• Provide product subject matter expertise and leadership.
• Work with program management to track schedule against the roadmap and escalate risks and issues.
Qualifications Requirements and Preferences:
• Ensure internal product stakeholders needs and expectations are met
• Promote transparency by helping communicate through SAFe/SCRUM practices
• Collaborate with external vendors on requirements definition and feature development if needed
• Evaluate and assess data platform technologies
• Collaborate closely with architecture and UX teams
• Proven experience building SaaS and/or data platform products at scale
• Understanding of APIs and data services
• Digital healthcare experience highly desired
• Passion for health and wellness and Aetna Digital mission is a must
• 5+ years of experience, particularly in product management and product development
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to deliver convincing business case recommendations to senior management
• Demonstrated collaborative style, with ability to lead and influence diverse teams
• Demonstrated experience driving agile product development
• Prior experience as a software developer or engineer preferred
• Start-up mentality and desire to innovate at a fast pace
• Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions
• Ability to thrive in a fully SAFe-Agile development environment
• Certified Product Manager / Owner desired
• Maintain strong relationships across key stakeholders and constituents
• Ability to self-motivate and navigate new things independently
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Information:
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Onsite gym and showers
Classes & trainer available as well, think there is a cost to this part though
Onsite wellness center
Onsite financial center
Onsite Cafeteria that serves 6000+ people/day
Aetna Digital Team lunch every Tuesday
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Job Function: Product
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.