Aetna Customer Service Consultant (3 positions) Candidates from other industries are welcome to apply! #54855BR in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Req ID: 54855BR
Summary / Mission
The global operations team is responsible for delivering world-class service to our members, internal customers and providers. We are the face of Aetna and provide 24x7 global support, front line customer services, claims and product expertise.
We believe that a positive member experience starts with investment in our people. Our aim is to communicate with our customers on their terms, through local teams, in local languages. We want to know our customers, own our relationships with them, predict their needs and meet them proactively. We ensure our members get the healthcare they need, when they need it, with maximum value and minimum effort.
Customer Representatives operate within our multi-channel Customer Centers to respond to customer requests and support customers with the administration of their insurance plan, enabling them to access healthcare anywhere in the world.
Customer Representatives are naturally caring and empathetic but also keen problem solvers who take ownership of customer needs using their extensive knowledge, training, expertise and passion to navigate customers through their healthcare journey.
As a Customer Representative you will;
· Develop knowledge, skills and experience in a variety of Operational disciplines and processes
· Display fantastic oral and written communication skills
· Establish relationships with internal and external customers
· Act proactively, take ownership of problems and be empowered to take actions to resolve our members concerns.
· Be resilient and adaptable to changes in priorities, distressed customers or high volumes
· Deliver an experience, not just a service
Responsibilities will include;
· Responding to inbound and outbound telephone calls and emails
· Explaining plan benefits and relating them to the customer enquiry
· Supporting customers with online account management
· Investigate and resolve customer issues, whether that is on the phone or via email.
· Tracking, monitoring and resolving all kinds of customer requests.
· Ensuring compliance with international and regional policies, practices and procedures
· First line complaint resolution
Customer Representatives support our clients around the world and operate in a healthcare environment, as such an element of shift work will be required, with a commitment to work beyond scheduled working hours as necessary in order to meet customer and operational needs.
· Educated to A-level, secondary or pre-university level of education or higher. Equivalent qualification and/or experience may be considered.
· Experience in an insurance and/or healthcare environment is beneficial but not necessary as full training is provided by Aetna.
· Demonstrable success in a customer facing role for minimum of 2 years prior.
· Intermediate IT skills.
· Fluent written and spoken English with second language being desirable.
Life experiences, travelling the world, living or working overseas, gap years, parenthood, healthy lifestyles, mentoring, volunteering – all these things help you to relate to our customers and are a plus.
You ll need to demonstrate the following:
· Outstanding communication skills across both telephone and email channels
· An ability to solve complex challenges
· Self-motivation with an ability to work on your own initiative
· A passion for providing outstanding customer experience. Excellent listening skills.
· Effective collaboration and team working
· High levels of organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
· A high degree of accuracy and a keen eye for detail
· The desire to make things better. And the ability to ask questions or seek clarification if you need help or are unclear.
· Eager to work in a high energy, fast-paced business, where change is a constant.
Job Function: Customer Service
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.