Aetna Senior Customer Service Consultant, (2 positions) Hong Kong - 54890BR in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Req ID: 54890BR
Summary / Mission:
The global operations team is responsible for delivering world-class service to our members, internal customers and providers. We are the face of Aetna and provide 24x7 global support, front line customer services, claims and product expertise.
We believe that a positive member experience starts with investment in our people. Our aim is to communicate with our customers on their terms, through local teams, in local languages. We want to know our customers, own our relationships with them, predict their needs and meet them proactively. We ensure our members get the healthcare they need, when they need it, with maximum value and minimum effort.
Senior Customer Representatives operate within our multi-channel Customer Centers to respond to customer requests and support customers with the administration of their insurance plan, enabling them to access healthcare anywhere in the world.
Senior Customer Representatives are naturally caring and empathetic but also keen problem solvers who take ownership of customer needs using their extensive knowledge, training, expertise and passion to navigate customers through their healthcare journey.
As a senior member of the team, you will use your experience and natural problem-solving skills to tackle more complex cases and be a point of escalation for other members of the team. You will enjoy developing your management skills, taking advantage of opportunities to supervise the Operation outside of business hours, deputizing for your Customer Care manager and supporting the delivery of training, coaching and development activities.
Senior Customer Representatives will be encouraged and expected to cross-train and understand other responsibilities across our operations teams – leading to a broader skill set, a better member experience, and greater opportunities to achieve in our business. Some examples of this are: Working closely with Operational teams to learn how to preauthorize medical treatment for our customers or understanding how our claims processing takes place end to end or getting involved in high profile or complex customer complaints.
As a Senior Customer Representative, you will;
· Develop knowledge, skills and experience in a variety of Operational disciplines and processes
· Display fantastic oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrate the importance of active listening, and be able to role model professional and caring behaviors
· Establish relationships with internal and external customers
· Act proactively, take ownership of problems and be empowered to take actions to resolve our members concerns.
· Be resilient and adaptable. We work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, distressed customers, and at times high volumes or work and/or time sensitive deadlines. Our employees must be able to thrive in this kind of environment.
· Deliver an experience, not just a service
Responsibilities will include
· Be a subject matter expert and a point of escalation for more complex queries
· Be willing and able to deputize for the Customer Service Manager and on occasion be asked to supervise the team in their absence.
· Respond to inbound and outbound telephone calls and emails
· Explaining plan benefits and relating them to the customer enquiry
· Supporting customers with online account management
· Working closely with the claims team to help members track, monitor and resolve claims
· Ensuring compliance with international and regional policies, practices and procedures
· First line complaint resolution
· Always thinking about how to make your job better, faster, easier to improve the experience for our members. Proactively make suggestions and take the initiative to participate in and make changes happen.
Senior Customer Representatives support our clients around the world and operate in a healthcare environment, as such an element of shift work will be required, with a commitment to work beyond scheduled working hours as necessary to meet customer and operational needs.
· Educated to A-level, secondary or pre-university level of education or higher. Equivalent qualification and/or experience may be considered.
· Experience in an insurance and/or healthcare environment is essential
· Demonstrable success in a customer facing role for minimum of 2 years prior.
· Intermediate IT skills.
· Fluent written and spoken English with second language being desirable.
Life experiences, travelling the world, living or working overseas, gap years, parenthood, healthy lifestyles, mentoring, volunteering – all these things help you to relate to our customers and are a plus.
You ll need to demonstrate the following:
· A passion for providing outstanding customer experience. Excellent listening skills.
· Outstanding communication skills across both telephone and email channels
· An ability to solve complex challenges. Self-motivation with an ability to work on your own initiative
· Effective collaboration and team working
· High levels of organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
· A high degree of accuracy and a keen eye for detail
· The desire to make things better. And the ability to ask questions or seek clarification if you need help or are unclear.
· Eager to work in a high energy, fast-paced business, where change is a constant
Job Function: Customer Service
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.