Aetna Member and Consumer Data Steward - Sr Informatics Cnslt/Lead in Parsippany, New Jersey
Req ID: 55215BR
Aetna's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
The Member and Consumer Data Steward role is a key subject matter expert for our engineering and data science resources tasked with building the next generation of healthcare solutions. The role is responsible for overseeing the life cycle of a data in this domain and includes the following activities:
· Defining and implementing policies and procedures for the day-to-day operational and administrative management of environments and data —including the intake, storage, processing, and transmission of data to internal and external systems
· Defining data quality rules and assuring that DQ levels effectively support key business process
· Defining, documenting and managing metadata and business terminology in a glossary
· Coordinating across the organization's legal, privacy,compliance and security functions
DATA STEWARDS ROLE DESCRIPTION
· Accountable for providing Data Governance and stewardship across assigned Domains
· Manage the complete data life cycle (e.g., field intake requests,research available data and ensure the proper use of data, dispose of data)
· Recognized as an expert or thought leader on data governance within the company
· Anticipate business and/or regulatory issues and influences internal practices to become industry best practices
· Anticipate and solve highly complex problems with broad impact on the business area
· Lead projects with notable complexity and risk with business area implications. Manages people,customer expectations and business priorities to achieve constituent satisfaction
· Educate business and technical communities on purpose and value of Data Governance and importance of Data Quality. Ensure appropriate stakeholders are involved
· Contribute to data quality / integrity / remediation initiatives; working with various stakeholders to solve complex data issues; identify and develop the actions required to complete remediation
· Build a network of "Data Owners" with sub-domain application or repository specific expertise
· Partner with technical teams to drive forward on data governance strategy
· Participate in formal project teams and activities to help implement data governance guidelines
· Contribute to the development and transformation (as needed) of standards for policies, procedures and standards
· Execute issue management and resolution processes for the data community leveraging authoritative data governance tools, building consensus around key data issues and actions required to address them, and developing action plans and timelines to complete remediation
· Responsible for team commitments to quality and on-time deliverables
· Motivates,understands, and probes into technical details and mentors his/her colleagues to do the same
· 5 or more years of healthcare, health insurance, or pharmaceutical industry experience.
· Intermediate skill in database knowledge (SQL queries)
· Experience with Big Data technologies and cloud environments
· Knowledge of and experience with metadata structures and tools
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business.
· Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare specific regulations
· Ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form
· Knowledge of Python or other scripting language a plus
· Bachelor s degree in relevant field required
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Health Care
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.