Aetna Account Manager in Shanghai, China
Req ID: 58343BR
Cultivates strong relationships with the Field Account Executive/Account Managers, brokers and Plan Sponsors.Provides superior Consumer Fund Services knowledge of products, services and financial arrangements to allow the retention and growth of existing customers and effectively impact new sales growth.
· Oversees a block of business to retain profitable customers and help grow the business through increased participation, issue resolution and superior service.
· Participates in the delivery of renewals.
· Recommends appropriate solutions for retention issues.
· Plays an “Executive Sponsorship role and develops strong, effective relationships with key producers and Plan Sponsors.
· Facilitates cross-functional solutions to service issues and works collaboratively cross-functionally.
· Manages all plan administration activities,including installation, plan set-up, eligibility, billing and drafting by working proactively with support areas.
· Builds effective working relationships across all functions and within assigned territory, i.e., health sales and service colleagues.
· Participates in finalist presentations with National and Regional Sales Rep.
· Participates in Plan Sponsor/broker meetings as necessary, but at least annually, for assigned book of business.
· Provides product and service updates to Plan Sponsors, brokers and Health Account Managers for existing business.
· Coordinates annual enrollment activities for new and existing National and Regional clients, including Benefit Fairs.
· Assists with cross sell opportunities, as needed.
· Helps Sales Rep develop and deliver strategic plans relative to retention goals.
Internally: Underwriting,Client Services, Claims, Plan Sponsor Liaison, Credit Control, Commissions Payment, Complaint Resolution Team
Externally: Customers and Intermediaries
Education and Experience
· A good standard of education is essential
· Experience of administration procedures in an account manager / group customer service role within insurance industry would be beneficial
· Strong communication skills including letter writing and telephone manner
· The individual should be confident in making decisions, be able to think creatively, be discreet and able to absorb information and technical knowledge easily
· Good analytical skills and a financial awareness is required
· Computer literacy and proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite is essential.
· Must be adaptable and able to work on own with minimal supervision
· A high level of inter-personal skills is essential
· Ability to demonstrate initiative and be able to prioritize varied and important tasks
· Must work well under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines
· Ability to build good business relationships both internally and externally
Job Function: Sales and Service
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.